Saturday, April 23, 2011

Review #9: Yunchuan Garden

Hey, it's me, Stephen. Anyways, I went to a restaurant called Yunchuan Garden in Monterey Park. I went there a while ago, and I have been procrastinating on posting, so I don't remember the date, exactly..... This place, has many cuisines of China served. There are many cuisines, Fujian, Shanxi, Shanghai, Sichuan, Hunan, Yunnan, Huaiyang, just to name a few. Yes, I am chinese, and I am not typing in chinese(one reason is because I don't know how to, so if anybody can help me, that would be greatly appreciated). Anways, they have very traditional and great Sichuan, Yunnan, and other cuisines.They serve it up right!  However, unfortunately, their service isn't as good. But, you do get to choose your dish of appetizers when you walk to the counter (not free).What we got:

Spicy Beef Noodle Soup-
This thing is da bomb! It's soooo frickin' good! It's the best spicy beef noodle I've ever had, and let me tell you, I've had a lot.The beef is a tiny bit sweet, which makes it so much better. The spicy(well, not for me) broth just warms you up on a cold night, and as jumjmboi on FIC says, heartwarming. The place is not the most sanitary, as they got a B, but they definitely have improved over the years, making it in my opinion, almost an A. It's pretty clean to me, and I think think B rated places taste just as good, or better than some A rated restaurants. The noodles are perfect, soft, but chewy, just perfect. They absorb the soup, filling the noodles with this highly concertrated nirvana known as broth.

Yunnan Rice Noodle Special(or at least that's what I call it)-
This is their signature dish, and it's good. Their mi fen, or rice noodles(like vermicelli), is sooo good. The best I've had. Combine that with a clear broth, pork, chicken, and tofu skin, and you've got your self a little bit of heaven. Of course, this is only my opinion.

Appetizers-
So, you walk in, you go to the counter, order your appetizers that have been sitting under the heat lamp, and this may sound pretty bad. However, the appetizers are so good, not dried out it the least bit. There are ma la(hot and numbing) chicken wings and pig ears, as well as pork lung, there are chicken and duck necks, seasoned wet seaweed, veggies, pickled mustard greens, and tofu skin. The common stuff.

I give this a 4.6 out of 5.

301 N Garfield Ave
Ste D102

Monterey Park, CA 91754
(626) 571-8387

And remember, you just got served.

No comments:

Post a Comment