Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Review #3: Inka Wasi

Yup, I haven't posted in a while, cuz I have like almost no time. This is he-who-must-not-be-named (jk, not him). So, anyways, on Sunday, 3/20, I went to Inka Wasi in Rancho Palos Verdes. I think my friend told me it was called "Inka Hole".>.<  The name is fitting, since it is almost like a hole in the wall joint. My friends parents own this awesome Peruvian restaurant. In fact, their family owns the chain, El Pollo Inka, but this is better. You know what it is, what it is, if your from the South Bay. Song reference! For some, reason, it reminded of when my Algebra Accel teacher played ang sang math songs using jingles like Pop goes the weasel. Now I know that math songs are pretty cool....anyways, I am getting sidetracked. So, back to teh food. This place is my favorite Peruvian place, but I haven't tried many "gourmet" Peruvian restaurants. If you haven't tried Peruvian food, you gotta try it. Rated 4 stars on Yelp. Has vegetarian entrees.

This is what my dad and I had:
Chaufa de Mariscos (Fried Rice with Fish, Shrimp, and Squid)
Quinoa (a south american grain)
Lomo Saltados (a saute with beef, onions, french fries, tomatoes, and maybe some other stuff, served with garlic rice)
Chicken, Rice, and Cilantro Soup, served if you get a lunch or dinner.

Stuff to Try:
Appetizers:
Anticuchos (Skewered grilled meat or seafood marinated in vinegar(sounds weird, but is good))
Salchipapas (Hot dog sausage, cut up, served with french fries and their signature hot sauces)

Sides:
Garlic Steamed Rice
Choclo (Peruvian corn(giant, starchy kernels)
Quinoa
Cancha (Peruvian Corn Nuts)

Soups:
Aguadito (chicken, rice and cilantro soup(get bowl, much bigger than cup for just a little more))

Sauces:
Aji Verde (green sauce)

Entrees:
Lomo Saltados
Saltados de Mariscos
Chaufa de Carne
Chaufa de Pollo
Chaufa de Mariscos(best)
(Note: Tallarines(Sauteed Spaghetti is not that good...))
(Note: Haven't tried Picantes(Spicy cream sauce with meat or fish or veggies))

Specials:
(The Seafood thing that looks like yellow curry)(So awesome!!)

Deserts:
Mini-Alfajores(Shortbread cookies filled with dulce de leche and coated with powdered sugar(don't inhale))
Lucuma Ice Cream (Lucuma is a fruit only found in South America, byt the Amazon(I think?))

Drinks:
Inka Kola (Yellow drink w/ caffeine, it is to die for)
Mango nectar

This place is one of my favorite places...so goooood.

Menu:
http://www.menuclub.com/californiarestaurantguide/rollinghillsestatesrestaurants/inkawasi-25574.php

40 Peninsula Ctr
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
Tel: (310) 541-6900




Hours:










Mon-Thu, Sun 11 am - 9 pm
Fri-Sat 11 am - 10 pm


This place is very casual. Decor is okay. The prices are really reasonable, in fact very good. Somethings, however, can get expensive, but not too. Not overpriced, however, considering the expensive items are seafood-based. I give this place 4.3-4.4 out of 5. stars.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE PERUVIAN FOOD!!! I always get Lomo Saltado (because that's hands-down the best Peruvian dish in the world), and I can never get enough of the green sauce! That sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING!!!

    P.S. You only gave your friend's parents' place 4.1 stars? Sad....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have changed it to a higher rating. Also, I have posted my rating systems in my introduction topic.

    ReplyDelete